A self explanatory demonstration of the application is at EasyPay.
Please use the Google Chrome! :-)
The Aadhaar number is a fantastic project that aims at giving every person in India an identity. At a fundamental level, having and being able to prove one's identity is basic human right. Being able to do this through a path of very minimal resistance opens up a plethora of opportunities for business use cases in the private sector.
EasyPay is a proof of one such application using the Aadhaar platform. It demonstrates the ability to BUY and SELL virtual candies purely through a Two Factor Authentication provided by the Aadhaar platform and its partners.
Use case of EasyPay
Santosh is a virtual candy vendor with minimal resources. He has been able to establish his identity through the aadhaar card platform and has been recognized as a aadhaar approved business entity. It is a milestone to be certified by the government recognized body as someone who can conduct transactions through Aadhaar Approved vendors.
Sujeevana is a working mother and a candy lover also referred to as the consumer. Sujeevana has a payment method that has been registered with EasyPay a Aadhaar approved platform to facilitate monetary transactions.
The entire process can be done securely and using current information through the Aadhaar authentication.
The steps of the business use case are:
- Santosh sets up EasyPay to sell virtual candies
- Sujeevana comes and place the order
- Order gets authenticated using Aadhaar auth process
- Sujeevana gets directed to the OTP authorization page
- Sujeevana enters the OTP to securely authenticate herself and completes the order
- Santosh fulfills the order by giving Sujeevana 5 additional FREE candies
- Sujeevana moved up the Candy Lover Leaderboard in real time
The use case can be applied in real life for:
- Ordering Mobile Connections (5 mins to a verified mobile connection)
- Courier and Logistic services (For authenticated user verification)
- Enhancements to Payment Companies like PayTM
- Download to a Ubuntu 14.04 machine
- Unzip the app folder
- Change directory to app folder
- Install meteor using
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
- Start the server using
- Pray! :-). Hope the server starts at http://localhost:3000. Else try running
meteoragain upto three times!
- Try out the app
- If things fail. Contact me at @TweetSKS. Play with hosted app at EasyPay