I had some of my code (terrible as usual) pointing to an IP Address. I had downloaded my code to a local machine and wanted to use the same code to function of my local server!
I had the following options:
- Update the ipaddresses in my code to the localhost
- Cleanup the code to use a config file
Both of these are going to take some time and effort.
To overcome the problem, I decided to use a small hack!
I decided to point the address on my localsystem back to my localhost using the following command:
sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p all -d 184.108.40.206 -j DNAT --to-destination 127.0.0.1
That's it! My code works on my local machine like magic using the same remote ipaddress code