Life can get weird and somethings seem to work by the "Shut-it OFF" and "Shut-it ON" way :-)
Here is the way to do it for PRAM and SMC. It works on my Macbook Pro (Early 2011) edition.
Resetting the PRAM
- Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
- Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen comes up or it won’t work.
- Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
- Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.
Resetting the SMC
For MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and MacBooks where you can’t remove the battery on your own, here’s what you do:
- Turn off your machine (really, you knew this was coming at step one)
- Keep the power adapter plugged in.
- Press at the same time shift-option-control (on the left side of the machine) and the power button
- Let go
- Turn your machine back on with the power button.
Subscribe to Santosh writes here
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox